Transform Your Workplace with Mits Solution's Comprehensive Facility Management Services
- Anti-slip strips can help reduce the risk of slips and falls while cleaning rugs. They can be affixed to the bottom of the rug to provide extra grip, making the rug less likely to slip or slide. Additionally, installing anti-slip pads underneath the rug can also help keep it in place.
- Wear rubber gloves while cleaning to protect your skin from any harsh chemicals.
- It’s extremely important to read and follow all instructions on the packaging of the cleaning products you are using. Always avoid mixing cleaning chemicals with other products, as this can create toxic or hazardous fumes.
- To keep cleaning products away from children and pets, store them in a place that is out of reach such as a locked cabinet or a high shelf, and be sure to close and lock the cabinet or cupboard door. Additionally, make sure to label any potentially dangerous cleaning products and store them separately from other household items.
- Always keep in mind to dilute concentrated cleaning products before cleaning to prevent any harm to surfaces or yourself.
- Ventilating rooms before cleaning is important to reduce airborne contaminants. The best way to do this is to open doors and windows to create cross-ventilation and to turn on fans to circulate the air. It is also important to use a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter to remove particles from the air.
- Reading the instructions before using any cleaning product is paramount. Not only can the instructions inform you of the best way to use the product, but they might also include safety warnings. Additionally, it is important to check if the product is suitable for the surface you are cleaning.
- Changing dishcloths often is an important practice to reduce bacteria and mildew growth. The cloth should be washed in hot, soapy water after each use, and it should be allowed to air dry before being reused. Additionally, dishcloths should be replaced every couple of weeks.
- Make sure to put away any items that may be loose on the steps before you start cleaning. This will help ensure you don’t trip or fall.